Friday, September 21, 2007

MEANWHILE, EARLIER THIS WEEK...

I probably should've posted this earlier, but here be the article and comic strip I had published in the new issue of The Quill:



I was reading some older issues and found a letter to the editor complaining about the direction of The Quill at that time (early 2003). They also complained about the comics, done by someone I know. I wonder if my useless junk articles and insane/inane comic strips, this one working quite well with the art editor's Catholic Priest-flavoured comics, will get the same level of hate mail? Maybe when next time, when I plan to make fun of Tim Roller...

Anyway, for your enjoyment, the many things a wannabe writer with autistic tendencies does with his free time:

1) THE SERIES SYNOPSIS - I've had comic book concepts cooking for years, and now that I have some level of confidence in my ability to have coherent ideas, I feel like writing it down in a permanent way. Of course, I still edit and rethink the things constantly, but I still like to get my general character profiles and story ideas recorded.

2)MAKIN' VIJAGAMES - Continuing since I was like 6 or 7, I often still do basic design work for video games, most of the time based on the series profiled in those synopses. Often, these video games are there just for me to have something entertaining to imagine while doing menial things...like work. More recently, it's been mostly arcade-style beat-em-ups and Smash Bros.-style fighting games (go figure) featuring my universe of crazy characters. Since I can't think of my own music, these games always feature music from other games or David Bowie.

3)Looking up old cartoons on wikipedia, because you only come across true gems like The Turk once in a blue moon. The best ideas I use in stolen/parody form in activity #1.

4)Making blog posts that drone on and on about things nobody cares about.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:05 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

I love the comic (and the article). I hope you get smart people writing fan-mail and dumb people writing hate-mail (because those are more fun than Christmas).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home