Saturday, October 28, 2006

Halloween Insanity: Rocky Horror Observation Post

I want to post something tonight. The Rocky Horror Picture Show is on right now on TV. I'll write about that and pretend I had ideas.

The first time I saw it, I was at a party with a group of friends. The funniest part of the night was all our reactions to the increasing weirdness and flamboyant, spurred on mostly by one friend who groaned whenever anything transexual came up(and that's a good portion of the movie).

The movie is Tim Curry's best work...Probably(I haven't seen Legend or Congo...Although the latter might be a good thing). And Tim Curry is one of those actors who seems to appear in every second movie and TV show for no reason. Is it that he's just the perfect sinister sounding British guy? Or is he just desperate for work? U-DECIDE!

Meatloaf gets a segment between the movie and commercials where he says things. I've never been a fan of Meatloaf, although I do find him funny. How so? Well, when my friends and I watched the Pop-Up Video extra on the Rocky Horror DVD, we learned of his various injuries, including getting his head stuck in a steering wheel. That's one of the funniest visuals my mind could ever come up with...I mean, imagine, Meatloaf's head stuck in a steering wheel. I'm giggling as I type it.

I like the songs in the movie. They're pretty catchy. I will never admit that I downloaded them onto my computer and listened to them quite regularly. No, not ever.

Strangely, I don't think Rocky Horror has inspired me to create something. Maybe it made me more appreciative of the musical...Maybe. I'd love to write a musical, but I have no sense of musical...ness.

And there's my excuse for an entry.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home