Friday, February 22, 2008

This

Has it really been more than a week since I last posted? Alas, it has. Sorry 'bout that.

Been reading Cloud Atlas. It's definitely an interesting book, what with it's unusual structure and constant tonal changes. I can't help but feel it's a bit...too enamored with it's own clever characters at times, but nothing too obnoxious.

Also read the three Planetary trades and volumes 7 and 8 of Sandman. Now everything on my rack has been used at least once. It was enjoyable, and I must get more comics soon.

Well, soon enough, my laptop will leave my home and go get hinge repairs. I've been planning this for...three weeks now? I spent the first freaking out because the company is required to check my computer for illegal things (of which I have none, but plenty of nerdy crap I don't want anybody to look at and judge me from afar with). But I have since backup'd everything (which I needed to do anyway) and deleted it. So it is good to go, I'm just too lazy to make the call and get my number before giving the thing to Staples. Sigh.

You know what? Finding Your Webcomic is Bad was probably a good thing for me. Reading these criticisms has made me re-examine the ideas I pursue and how I write. I try to make characters far more defined, think about trying to create more original plots, hell even tweak my mind's eye view of designs. But even so, after reading Sandman, I can't help but want to dream up similar things. I need a voice o' my own, dammit!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home