Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Daily Grind: 1/23/07

Back when I wa younger, alot of free time was spent in hockey arenas. Not because I played hockey (I did, once), but because my siblings played hockey. I was dragged along, because you can't leave a 11-year-old at home by himself, I guess.

I would never actually watch the games, of course. I would...wander. Around the rink, around the food vendor just outside the rink, around the arena. Now that I think about it, how were my parents okay with this? I guess they thought I was smart enough not to lock myself into a boiler room or something.

One of my favorite wandering activities involved finding a patch of ice that leaked from the actual skating rink and just sliding along it. Without a care in the world. I could have easily fell and spilt my brain matter all over the cement floor...but it was worth. Was it? That's a good question actually.

It was on that ice that I continued my life of creative ideas that serve no purpose. And it was the most fun I could ever have at a hockey arena. Except when those hockey arenas had arcade games.

What does this all mean? I don't know.

In other news, here's a video for one of the most bizarre arcade games ever made:



(Beware, the sound is wonky.)

See someone play through the entire game here. Beware, it's almost an hour long.

Here's another arcade beat-'em-up, although it's a lot more generic. Even so, it's notable because the music is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME.



Here's the entire game, by the same guy who played through the other game. This is 36 minutes long.

As you can see, I've been on a Watching-people-play-arcade-brawlers-on-Youtube kick. It's been going on for two months. I've now watched over a dozen beat-'em-ups from beginning to end, which is kinda...weird. Weirder still, they made one for Hook. And you could play as Rufio and the fat kid. C'mon, that completely makes you forget that I've been obsessively watching thugs getting beaten up for two months.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home